Audrey Monot, International Training Director at IOMA, knows beauty products like the back of her hand, and she always has beauty tricks to share !
Summer is public enemy number 1 for the skin. What should you do when the skin overheats and reddens due to overexposure to the sun? Here are the key answers from our beauty expert.
What to do in case of sunburn?
HOW DO YOU IDENTIFY THEM?
It is sunburn if…
- Your skin takes on a red tone.
- Your skin is sensitive to heat or to the touch.
- Blisters form after a few hours or days (but this is not always the case).
- Your skin peels at the site affected by the sunburn.
HOW TO REACT?
The correct urgent steps to take :
- Remove yourself from the sun immediately.
- Cool the skin down.. The simplest way to do this? Soak the burned area for 15 minutes in the bath or use a shower head to douse it in cold water, or apply compresses or cold towels to the affected area.
Warning : do not apply soap to the burned area, especially if it is sensitive.
HOW TO SOOTHE THE SKIN?
- By applying the Beneficial Care duo from IOMA.
The right way : apply the Beneficial Mask onto the areas of skin affected by sunburn using a poultice. After 10 minutes, rinse it off (in the shower, for example) and apply a generous layer of Soothing Day and Night Cream
which quickly calms the sunburn.
Soothing Day and Night Cream,
which immediately relieves redness.
• By facilitating the healing of the affected zone.
The right way: apply the Absorbent Mask in a generous layer onto the damaged areas. Leave it for at least two hours or, even better, overnight. This facilitates healing through the powerful anti-inflammatory action of clay and zinc. Do not forget to rinse the area carefully afterwards in order to remove any residue.
The Absorbent Mask,
which cleanses the skin.
AND WHAT ABOUT THE EYES ?
You went out without your sunglasses? Ouch! You’ve got sunburn on your eyelids!
Avoid : Applying skincare products to this extremely delicate and sensitive area.
Audrey’s tips :
Use a tried and tested grandmother remedy to soothe your eyelids! Infuse two green tea bags in hot water, then move them to a bowl of ice cold water to cool them down, and then place them on your eyelids until you feel a soothing sensation.
WHAT CAN BE DONE TO AVOID PEELING?
There’s nothing less visually pleasing than peeling skin… Follow our advice to nip peeling in the bud.
• Drink water regularly
Before, during and after sun exposure, keep yourself well hydrated. Drink water and consider applying sun protection cream regularly.
The right way: Apply your After-Sun Hydration Cream every evening. For the face, use the Optimum Moisture Cream generously.
Optimum Moisture Cream ,
for a truly hydrated
and protected skin.
• Limit your sun exposure
Especially over the next few days!
Avoid the hottest hours of the day (12:00 to 14:00), using them instead to enjoy lunch followed by a relaxing nap!
Be careful to avoid overexposure to the sun as it’s the best way to… age prematurely!
• Exfoliate lightly
The right way: very gentle exfoliation removes dead cells which aren’t visible yet and maintains an even tanned tone. Your skin is peeling already? Start with intense rehydration before exfoliating with the Gentle Exfoliating Emulsion.
Gentle Exfoliating Emulsion,
which scrub smoothly.
This summer’s recipe !
The Rio cocktail!
This refreshing and very colourful will take you on a trip to Brazil… tropical getaway guaranteed!
- Half a glass of orange juice.
- Half a glass of lemonade.
- Half a tablespoon of passion fruit.
- 3 slices of lime.
- Ice cubes.
- Fill the glasses half full with ice cubes.
- Add the slices of lime.
- Fill your glass to halfway with lemonade.
- Add the passion fruit and finally the orange juice.
- Stir and taste!